- Comments: One Line Comments? Nested Comments? see case 3571
Clean and Order
- Clean category / comments (some package are totally wrong)
- Towards SLint clean (integrate SLint rules as unit tests)
- PopMenu cleaning + request notification as fundation
Files and Streams
- Integrate and use XStreams?
Packages, Frameworks, Tools and Libraries
- Easy In-Image Way to Find and Load External Projects
- Package fileouter (HTML, Latex, chunk)
- Use better algorithm for substring matching (Boyer Moore).
- Decouple core/basic/model classes from UI (see case 3148)
- All tools should support traits (esp. the browser)
- Better interface for smallLint
- Debugger code completion should take into account the types of the objects that are actually assigned to variables
It would be nice to have a better test runner that
- use a tree to show the tests under a class
- takes advantage of the history showing which tests degrades since the last run.
- use icons to represent the status of the run tests at the packages, class, level.
Packages and SCM
- We need a way to refactor packages (naming, merging, ...)
- How can we version non-smalltalk things?
- Taking package per package and checking comments and adequacy| of the package in terms of classes containing it: We should have a real map of each package and its status for the next milestones.
Fixes and enhancement
- Evaluate extension of moose for inclusions in pharo base library
- AbsoluteDelay and RelativeDelay see case 7527.
- OS process and other
- Fix FFI
Language and MOP
- Do not store class definitions as do-its in changeset
- Distinguish workspace do-its from refactoring do-its in the changes
A way to model meta data
- Meta data for methods
- Meta data for classes
Currently under Active Development
- Better code meta model (Ring)
- Scripting syntax (Coral)
- Traits with State (Slots Project)
- Cleaning Morphic (better integration of Polymorph, i.e., no overrides)
- Kernel image: add process to create UI-less image (Nuts)
- One single default better and faster browser (Nautilus)
- A modern Canvas (Athens)